- I grew up in a family passionate about serving the Lord. My parents expected me to accompany them in the nursery, children's church, youth work, and college and career-aged ministries. When I was old enough, while a member at First Baptist Church of Troy, my parents encouraged my involvement in the church music program, mission teams, Vacation Bible Schools, and drama teams. Later in life after becoming fluent in American Sign Language, I became an interpreter for various churches and worked on city-wide rallies.
- I dedicated two summers to counseling at The Wilds Christian Camp and Conference Center. That was an invaluable experience!
- My first full-time ministry started in 2007. I was a faculty member and associate administrator at Schaumburg Christian School for seven years.
- During that time, I created Evermind Ministries and began regularly writing for its blog, Taking Back the Bible.
- My wife and I worked for seven years with Overshadowed Theatrical Productions, a christian theater company in the Chicagoland area.
- In 2014 my family and I moved to Victory Academy for Boys where I became the "House Dad" and lead residential counselor for the boys. Though I continued in that position for my entire time there, I also was the Director from 2017 to 2019.
- In 2016 I created Truth.Love.Parent. as a ministry of Evermind Ministries. I am the host of TLP's podcast, one of the TLP Counselors, and occasional contributor to its blog, Taking Back the Family.
- Through all of my adult years and frequent moves, my wife and I have always been involved in our local churches. Since our marriage, we've been members at Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Bethel Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, Central Baptist Church, and Bethany Baptist Church. I have had the opportunity to fill the pulpit in many of these churches. Johanna and I have also counseled, taught Sunday school, had various roles in music ministry, and been involved in church cantatas and plays.
- I am now the President and full-time Executive Director of Truth.Love.Parent. In addition to creating the ministry's content, I regularly counsel, travel, and speak. I preach in churches and camps. I also minister in mom-groups, men's meetings, family camps, couples' retreats, teachers' conferences, teen camps, and family workshops.
You can learn more about my life and ministry on my Linkedin profile.