Education & Training
- With the exception of 7th grade, I was homeschooled from 1st through 12th grades. My parents believed children are not given the opportunity to reach their full potential, therefore, they accelerated mine and my sister's education -- offering us opportunities in communication, language, math, and reading many children do not receive. My approach to homeschooling is much the same. When presenting to homeschoolers, I speak broadly on homeschooling techniques including accelerating each child's learning potential.
- From the ages of 15 through 18, I was trained as a martial arts instructor and mentor with The North America Alliance of Martial Arts.
- I majored in Camp Ministries and minored in Interpretative Speech at Bob Jones University.
- I studied leadership theory and application while a Regional Training Manager at Panera Bread Company from 2000-2007.
- I earned my MS in Biblical Counseling from Bob Jones Seminary.
- I have a Bible Specialist Endorsement (Advanced Professional Level) and a Counseling Specialist Endorsement (Advanced Professional Level) from the American Association of Christian Schools.
- I am also a certified biblical counselor through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.
- And, of course, I am constantly furthering my education through personal study and the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.
You can learn even more about me on my Linkedin profile.